If you are asking "How do I Become a Notary Public?" then we have the answer for you.
To become a Colorado Notary Public you must apply online with the Secretary of State. Before applying, be sure that you meet the Colorado notary public requirements.
To apply, submit the following documents to the office of the Colorado Secretary of State:
- Affirmation (PDF) form signed and notarized. The state provides you with this form when you begin the application process.
- Both sides of acceptable identification
- Notary training certificate. You will receive this document after you complete our Colorado Notary Training Course.
- Notary exam certificate. The state provided this document after you complete their online examination.
- If you are not a United States citizen you must also provided a copy of both sides of your permanent resident card or visa.
The filing fee for the application can be paid either by credit or debit card.