If you are asking "How do I Become a Notary Public?" then we have the answer for you.
To become a Colorado Notary Public you must apply online with the Secretary of State. Before applying, be sure that you can apply and meet the Colorado notary public requirements and have passed the online notary exam. We also have tips so your application isn’t denied and the requirements for your notary stamp once approved.
To apply, submit the following documents to the office of the Colorado Secretary of State:
- Affirmation (PDF) form signed and notarized. The state provides you with this form when you begin the application process.
- Both sides of acceptable identification
- Notary training certificate. You will receive this document after you complete our Colorado Notary Training Course.
- Notary exam certificate. The state provides this document after you complete their online examination.
- If you are not a United States citizen you must also provide a copy of both sides of your permanent resident card or visa.
The filing fee for the application (one of the costs) can be paid either by credit or debit card.