Becoming a notary public is a big responsibility. Colorado notary publics help to prevent fraud and are appointed by the state. Consequently, the state of Colorado had mandated specific requirements in order for someone to become a notary public. These requirements are listed below.
- You must be a resident of Colorado.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must never have been convicted of a felony.
- You must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor that involves dishonesty within the past five years.
- You must be able to read and write the English language.
- You must never have had a notary commission revoked.